Monday 12 August 2013

OJ's Top 10 Favorite Films

For the 1st Anniversary of The OJ Reviews I have decided to count down the top ten of my favorite films I like to watch again and again. Now this list could be out of date next year, and a lot will probably change as more and more good movies are coming out, so this is my 2013 Top 10 Film list:

10. Holes

YEAR: 2003
STARS: Shia Labouf, Sigourney Weaver, Jon Voight
PLOT: A wrongfully convicted boy is sent to a brutal desert detention camp where he joins the job of digging holes for some mysterious reason.

WHY I LIKE IT: A really original story, true to the book; has great mystery and good humor.


9. Life of Pi

YEAR: 2012
STARS: Suraj Sharma, Irrfan Khan, Adil Hussain
PLOT: A young man who survives a disaster at sea is hurtled into an epic journey of adventure and discovery; while cast away he forms an unexpected connection with another survivor: a fearsome Bengal Tiger.
REVIEW: http://bit.ly/1gK7Fv6

WHY I LIKE IT: I love tigers, and I love adventure; truly epic and the visuals are stunning.


8. Jumper

YEAR: 2008
STARS: Hayden Christensen, Samuel L. Jackson, Rachel Bilson
PLOT: A teenager with teleportation abilities suddenly finds himself in the middle of an ancient war between those like him and their sworn annihilators.

WHY I LIKE IT: A unique story, with good CGI and Samuel L. Jackson with white hair!?

7. Iron Man

YEAR: 2008
STARS: Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Jeff Bridges
PLOT: When wealthy industrialist Tony Stark is forced to build an armored suit after a life-threatening incident, he ultimately decides to use the technology to fight against evil.

WHY I LIKE IT: A really entertaining movie with brilliant action and humor; plus set in the Avenger's universe!

6. K-PAX

YEAR: 2001
STARS: Kevin Spacey, Jeff Bridges, Mary McCormack
PLOT: Prot is a patient at a mental hospital who claims to be from a far away planet; his psychiatrist tries to help him, only to begin to doubt his own explanations.

WHY I LIKE IT: A really unusual and intriguing plot that leaves you with an open view of what just happened.

5. Captain America: The First Avenger

YEAR: 2011
STARS: Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving, Hayley Atwell
PLOT: After being deemed unfit for military service, Steve Rogers volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America, a superhero dedicated to defending the USA.

WHY I LIKE IT: The best of Phase 1 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe I think and is really funny.


4. Iron Man 3

YEAR: 2013
STARS: Robert Downey Jr. Guy Pierce, Gwyneth Paltrow
PLOT: When Tony Stark's world is torn apart by a formidable terrorist called The Mandarin, he starts an odyssey of rebuilding and retribution.

WHY I LIKE IT: An awesome Iron Man film that's hilariously good and excellently cast.


3. Signs

YEAR: 2002
STARS: Mel Gibson, Joaquin Phoenix, Abigail Breslin
PLOT: A family living on a farm finds mysterious crop circles in their fields which suggests something more frightening to come.

WHY I LIKE IT: Really suspenseful and one of M. Night Shyamalan's better movies.


2. Avengers Assemble

YEAR: 2012
STARS: Robert Downey Jr., Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L. Jackson
PLOT: Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. assembles a team of superhumans to save the planet from Loki and his army.

WHY I LIKE IT: It ties in a load of movies into one universe which creates a fantastic piece of entertainment.

1. Jurassic Park

YEAR: 1993
STARS: Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum
PLOT: During a preview tour a theme park suffers a major power breakdown that allows it's cloned dinosaur exhibits to run amok.

WHY I LIKE IT: Dinosaurs, Spielberg, Dinosaurs



Almost Made It:

Some movies that almost made to Top 10 include:
  • Some Like It Hot (1959)
  • The Fifth Element (1997)
  • Jurassic Park III (2001)
  • Windbag the Sailor (1936)
  • Super 8 (2011)



Thanks for reading my list; do you agree? Do you have your own list? Comment now to tell me!


No comments:

Post a Comment