Wednesday 5 September 2012

OJ Reviewing: The Museum's Secret

The first book in The Remarkable Adventures of Tom Scatterhorn.

  I looked at the back of this book and the blurb didn't really quench my thirst or sound interesting but boy I couldn't have been more wrong. This plot is the most fantastic, bizarre and unpredictable story I've ever read. Tom Scatterhorn is a boy who goes to live at his Aunt and Uncle's museum and some strange things start to happen. The plot is told very well with a bit of suspense, humour and definitely mystery; even the first chapter your riping the book to get to the next page! I go along with Tom all the way and genuinely want to know what happens next. It's Henry Chancellor's first young adult book and he has done very well. One of my favourite books ever by far. I have to say as well that this I think is the most realistic (as it can be) out of the trilogy - I'm not saying the others are rubbish because they really aren't its just that I really like this one. The visuals that Chancellor gives you are outstanding and you can definitely feel the emotion and atmosphere. A very enjoyable read for sci-fi fans, mystery, adventure and just a tiny bit fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment